Vocal Health in Cold Weather!
With the drop in temperatures, everyone’s sick and dry!
Here are some tips to keep the cords happy –
- While walking out and about in the cold air, use a scarf to cover not only your neck, but your nose and mouth too. That way your face is recycling and breathing your warm air and not the cold, dry air outside.
- Keep your nose moist! Use a saline spray or gel – I personally Nasal rinse pretty much every day, mostly to just get all of the gunk out.
- Use a humidifier in your home. I have a cold mist humidifier that I have running constantly.
- Take nice long steamy showers. This shouldn’t be tough with how cold it is outside.
- Bump up the vitamin intake, healthy food, and exercise – keep your body in top shape to fight any crazy colds that are going around.
Take care of yourself!