Trying to audition and perform during allergy season?
And just like that it seems like everyone everywhere is sniffling, or fighting some sort of cough.When you are waiting to audition/about to perform — what do you do to combat any extra mucus that is hanging on for dear life?
Here are some tips that we share in the studio:
- Get plenty of rest, at least 7 hours if you can.
- To keep the throat moist, I like to suck on hard candies, or menthol-free cough drops. This helps eliminate the feeling that you need to constantly sip water.
- Drink tons of water.
- If you feel the need to cough, vocal fry or gargle water instead if you can.
- Extra phlegm in the throat? Gargle warm salt water.
- Clean out the nasal passages at least once a day with Nasal Rinse, Neti Pot, PurMist, etc.
- Steam, steam, steam. It doesn’t have a lasting effect, but it certainly does feel better.
- Herbal tea – of course Throat Coat is a favorite.