Black Lives Matter.
This needs to be said, acknowledged, and shouted from the rooftops.
I am a teacher and it is my job to be here for others and to be as informed as I can be. I’m always researching and learning.
But right now, I am shutting up and listening.
Resources that have been helpful just this week – as I am educating myself, donating, and flooding inboxes and voicemails:
- Justice In June – an entire month broken down with resources for each day
- This list of ‘75 Things White People Can Do For Justice.’
- Watch: Systemic Racism Explained, Deconstructing White Privilege, and Billy Porter – This is my message to America.
- Support black-owned businesses in Philadelphia
- Fill up the City Council Members inboxes with Defund12.org
- Education on Police Brutality and what measures are being proposed to fix it
- Sign Justice for George Floyd, Justice for Breonna Taylor, and Defund the Police.
- Donate to Black Lives Matter, ActBlue (which splits funds to community bail funds, mutual aid, and racial justice organizers), Philly Bail Fund, and here’s a list for more.
- Go through this List of anti-racism resources
- Make sure you are registered to vote!
This post is not about me. It is meant to show the support behind this incredible wave of change. It will never be enough, but it’s a start.
Stay safe, everyone.